Friday, January 28, 2011

Top 5 Friday #2: Favourite Movie Scores 2010

For this week, Top 5 Friday will give you my favourite scores of 2010. Or rather, Pieces of Scores From 2010 That I've listened to More Than Any Other, but that title was a bit long. So yeah, I'm not listing the whole score, just the one item on the score.

5. Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - Bass Battle




Sure, this movie is mostly remembered by it's great great songs(Why weren't these nominated for Oscars, guys?), but I always loved this one.

4. Tron: Legacy - Derezzed





Haven't seen the actual movie yet, but this score kicks ass. Never before have I wanted to see a movie mostly because of it's score.

3. Social Network - In Motion







I have to admit I was a bit reprehensive of Trent Reznor scoring a movie like The Social Network, but it works beautifully in the movie. The other choice was In The Hall Of The Mountain King, but since that's not original for the score, I went for this one.

2. Inception - Dream is Collapsing







Brilliant score for a brilliant movie. Usually plays when I'm writing something, makes it all feel more epic. Even if it is just for a blog.

1. Test Drive - How to Train Your Dragon





Best score of the year for me, hands down. Everything about this is just gold. Especially this track, which always gives you an extra boost when you're running or whatnot. I really want John Powell to win the Best Score for this one.

And I'll see you again for another Top 5 Friday next week!

1 comment:

  1. Zomg, I LOVED the How to Train Your Dragon score!!! Definitely agree that it belongs at #1!

    ReplyDelete